Bridal shower themes help to coordinate all other party ideas. Invitations, decorations, favors, gifts, and even your menu, can be based around your theme. Pick this first, and the rest of your plans will fall into place.
How do you choose your theme? Consider the bride's preferences and taste. What will make her feel the most comfortable? What are her hobbies and/or interests? Does she have favorite colors? Does she have a definite style? Answers to these questions will help you decide.
Carry your theme further by having guests dress to coordinate with your idea, play music that goes with it, and invite guests to choose related gifts.
• An absentee bridal shower party solves an increasingly common problem for many couples.
• All Throughout the House: This may also be called a "room by room shower." Guests are assigned a room of the house and asked to bring an appropriate gift. Examples: kitchen...blender, bathroom...towels, bedroom...sheets, etc. Your centerpiece could be a grapevine birdhouse decorated with flowers, and favors could be mini houses.
• Alphabet Time: Each guest is given a letter of the alphabet, and is asked to bring a gift that starts with the letter. This idea can work well for teachers or anyone who works with letters.
• Beach Party: Cool drinks, warm sand, lounge chairs, and beach games, are images of this fun theme.
• Bed and Breakfast: Picture a quaint little inn. Decorate with soft colors and lots of flowers. Guests are asked to bring any gift for the bedroom or kitchen. Favors could be fancy chocolates or a sachet pillow.
• Breakfast at Tiffany's: take inspiration from Audrey Heburn in a black dress, sunglasses, and large brimmed hat. Add signature blue boxes, jewels, and martini glasses as decorations for this classy event.
• Bride's Favorite Color: Bridal shower themes don't get much easier than this. Decorate with three shades of the bride's favorite color. Guests bring a gift in this color. It may be blue sheets, yellow towels, red lingerie or a white appliance.
• Bring on the Romance: Decorate with soft colors and play mood music. Gift ideas: scented candles, lingerie, perfume, or satin sheets.
• Camping theme: go outside and start the grill, or create a casual atmosphere inside.
• Casino party: The stakes are high that this theme will be a hit. Let the games and fun begin.
• Cocktail party bridal shower themes can be great social get-together's when done responsibly.
• Craft shower: Is the bride-to-be crafty? One of the newer trends for bridal shower themes is to create a project using a method she enjoys.
• Destination shower: is there a place that she has been to, or always wanted to go to, that she loves? Build your party around this idea. Invitations, decorations, food, gifts, and favors are all geared toward this location
Some bridal shower themes can be based around a specific time.
Tie dyed shirts, smiley faces, and peace signs...it must be the Sixties.
Disco: step back to the 70's...mirror ball, platform shoes, bell bottom pants.
Fishnet gloves, neon bracelets, and leg warmers...it must be the eighties.
• A First time party theme can be both fun and practical. Think of the many ways you can help the new couple.
• Hollywood Party Theme: The glitz and glamor of celebrities, old and new, help make this theme "a star".
• Honeymoon: Where is the couple going for their honeymoon? Decorate with this destination in mind. Ask guests to bring gifts that the couple can use...beach towels, a suitcase, a camera, a photo album, etc. This is one of the most appreciated bridal shower themes.
• An Ice Cream theme is popular year round. Decorate with pastel shades or the colors of sherbet. Set up a make-your-own-sundae station, with all the toppings
• Irish Princess theme...
• Karaoke night: Rent a machine, or reserve a room at a local bar. This is an entertaining idea for all involved.
• Kitchen party: This cozy theme is also practical. Help the couple equip their kitchen and recipe file.
• Luau party theme: Sun, sand, palm trees and the ocean breeze. Add cold drinks, and colorful leis.
• Movie Lover: build your plans around her favorite movie...Breakfast at Tiffany's, Pretty In Pink, etc.
• Organic shower: decorations, food, gifts, and favors, are all based around this healthy lifestyle theme.
Some bridal shower themes are casual and fun.
• Pirate theme: Ahoy mates! Grab your eye patch and bandana.
The treasure hunt is on with these pirate theme party ideas.
•"Princess" describes her perfectly. This should be her party theme. There are all kinds of princesses...fairy tale, shopping, rock, beach, fashionista, cowgirl, etc. So, decide her type and start your plans
Turn her passion into an event.
• Tea party theme: this classic choice can accommodate any size guest list.
"Go retro" with a• Vintage party theme...
• Western Party: A campfire, country music and line dancing come to mind. Put on your cowboy boots, jeans, and bandanas for some down home fun.
• Wine and Cheese Tasting: Display a variety of wine, and an assortment of cheese and crackers. No one will "whine" at this fun party.
Have you noticed, at the parties you've attended lately, the addition of an assortment of candy? You can build a whole theme around it...and some hostesses have!
Do you have a unique bridal shower theme planned? Maybe you've been to a theme party you thought was awesome. Share it!
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Bridal Shower Theme
My MOH planned the most perfect bridal shower theme for me, and any other shoe lover!! The name of the shower was "Perfect Pair, Perfect Fit". The colors …
Date Night Bridal Shower Theme
For those that already have everything, do a Date Night bridal shower theme. Have everyone bring gifts that you could use for a "date night", such as restaurant …
For my sister's bridal shower, I realized it would be great if we did it Paris themed, especially considering she and her fiance are planning on going …
Month of the Year Bridal Shower Theme
With this bridal shower theme, each of the guests was assigned a month of the year. Their gifts should be something that would correlate with that month. …
Seasons Bridal Shower Theme Party
We haven't had it yet, but we're planning a time of year party for my sister's shower. Each guest is given a month of the year and they have to pick …
3 Themes for That Anticipated Bridal Shower Not rated yet
You and your girlfriends. At a bar. With a stripper. Is that how you imagined your bridal shower to be? It’s a little cliché, don’t you think? It’s always …
She's Taking The Plunge
Bridal Shower Theme Not rated yet
We held a water themed bridal shower for my best friend that was a lifeguard and loved swimming! It was a blast. We had a pool party. The colors were all …
Dress the Bride Theme Shower Not rated yet
I made aprons for each guest on which I had transfered the picture of the shower invitation. It included the date of the shower and the following inscription..." …
Church Hat Bridal Shower Theme Not rated yet
A Church Hat Theme will add fashionable fun to your bridal shower. Bring your favorite Church Hat, or wear your mom's or aunts, if you don't own one! …
Drop-In Meet and Greet Bridal Shower Theme Not rated yet
Because my Nephew's fiance' was from out-of-state, not many of our friends had met her. As both maternal and paternal grandmothers attended the same church, …
Hawaiin Hallapalooza Bridal Shower Theme Not rated yet
A Hawaiian Hallapalooza is a great bridal shower theme. Wear leis, grass skirts, and flowers in everyone's hair. Serve Mai Tais, and pulled pork. Decorate …
Red Carpet Movie Bridal Shower Theme Not rated yet
My sister-in-law lived far away, and wasn't able to make it to her hometown for a bridal shower. The ladies at the church still wanted to throw her a shower. …
International Bridal Shower Theme Not rated yet
Host an International bridal shower theme. Guests are assigned a country and bring something representing that country. Ex: Italy-pizza, pasta maker, …
Honeymoon Theme Bridal Shower Not rated yet
All of the guests were told that the couple needed help with the honeymoon, so they were to bring a small gift: sunscreen, beach towels, flip flops... …