You're thinking about a bridal shower western theme party. She loves horses, feels relaxed in jeans, and often wears cowboy boots. Turn on a country song and she's happy. Then this is a definite possibility.
Is he pretty much the same way? Then this could turn into a couples shower.There are so many great western party ideas you can use. So "let's get ready for the big showdown"!
A barn would be a perfect location for a western theme party. A rental hall, large backyard, or open field are also options. Of course, any location can be adapted.
Let guests know if they should bring a gift that's related to the bridal shower western party theme. You may also request that guests dress in western wear.
Cowboy boots, jeans or ankle length skirts with a white or gingham top, for the girls. Cowboy hats, jeans, big belt buckles, vests and bolo ties, for the guys, are just some of the options.
• Your Western party decorations include bales of hay, scattered cactus, and a campfire (real or fake). Tables can be covered with red bandanas, gingham or denim. Fill vases with wildflowers for centerpieces. Make up "Wanted" posters or signs, of the bride-to-be or couple, by pasting pictures on poster board. Hang cowboy hats, lassos, and western theme party string lights. Jugs, mason jars, and old barrels complete the scene.
Ranch Snacks: Serve in plastic cowboy hats.
• trail mix
• chips and dip
Hearty main course:
• baked beans
• Root beer and sarsaparilla served in mason jars
• Iced tea
• Add a "western" punch recipe...spiked or unspiked.
Final showdown dessert:
Cut a sheet cake into a simple cowboy boot shape. Ice with vanilla or chocolate frosting. Use decorator icing and your choice of colored sprinkles to complete the look.
Roast marshmallows, and make s'mores
Games can include:
• Sack races
• Name That Country Tune
• Printable games for your western theme party, available immediately.
• Western theme party music whether it be boot scootin, square dancing, or toe-tapping will keep things lively.
• You may decide to bring in a dance instructor to demonstrate some country moves.
Home on the range gifts:
• Barbeque set
• Picnic table
• Gingham tablecloth and napkins set
• Barbeque theme gift basket
• Cowboy boot candle
• Mini cactus plant
• Western party theme frame
• Country music CD
*** Start to finish, your bridal shower western party theme will be a hoot!
Have you been to, or planned, a western theme party that was really fun? Are you a cowgirl (or boy) at heart, with some party ideas? Share them!
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...