A bridal shower fiesta theme is a lively and colorful event. Traditionally, fiestas were celebrations held on religious or civic holidays. Today, they are used for a variety of parties.
We often think of Cinco de Mayo festivities. However, these south-of-the-border experiences can be any time of year. So, if this sounds like the bride-to-be or couples idea of a good time, let's start planning.
• Your party invitations should convey the type of celebration you've chosen. Pick a sombrero, pinata, maracas, or other themed design. Bright colors with simple wording would also work. Let guests know to dress casually. You may decide to greet them with a sombrero as they enter.
• You won't have a problem finding decorations. There are a variety of fun items, available. Keep in mind bright colors...red, yellow, orange, lime green, hot pink. Drape serapes over chairs. Hang pinatas, fans, and paper streamers. Place sombreros, mariachis, and cactus plants around the room.
• Your menu can include:
• nachos with cheese
• tortilla chips with salsa • guacamole
Main Dish can be served buffet style.:
• Chicken and/or beef fajitas
• Put a variety of toppings...cheese, onions, mushrooms, lettuce, etc., in bowls on the side. Let guests add their own. ○Black beans and corn, can also complement the meal.
Drinks: Cold beverages will be welcomed with the spicy food.
• Iced tea
*** If you're having margaritas, you can choose traditional or frozen. Don't forget the salt to rim the glasses.
• Mexican flan..this favorite is caramel custard, baked in the oven.
• an iced sheet cake, decorated with theme items
Mariachi or salsa music will enhance your theme.
Some favorites are:
• La Bamba
• Hot! Hot! Hot!
• Poke the pinata
Theme party favors:
• Chili pepper candle
• Colorful bandanna
• Margarita glass
• Terra cotta pots
• Set of margarita glasses
• Gift basket with tortilla chips, salsa, and Mexican spices
• Gift certificate to a favorite Mexican or Southwest style restaurant