We can all benefit from helpful hints when planning a bridal shower. At one time or another, you probably attended a party, and either saw or heard a great idea. Then, you said to yourself "why didn't I think of that"? It would have been an easy solution to a previous problem you had.
You want your wedding shower plans to be as stress-free as possible. Whether you are organizing your first or twenty first event, you want everything to run smoothly. You may know all of the following tips, already...or there just may be one that helps.
• Make a list all the main categories of the wedding shower, such as invitations, food, decorations, favors, and entertainment. Assign a category to each person involved with the party. Some of the areas may require the assistance of more than one person. Don't try to do everything yourself.
• Make a budget and then stick to it. A bridal shower is usually a group effort. Decide ahead of time what the majority can afford. Your plans will go much smoother, if you stay within this amount.
• If you decide on a theme, make sure it's one that will appeal to the guest-of-honor, and not just the latest fad. You want the bride or couple to feel comfortable. It's their party.
• Email has become a very easy way to correspond with others. It's fine most of the time. This is a special event. Send a "real invitation".
• Do your guests know each other well? If not, using name tags is a thoughtful idea. You may want to write the guest's relationship to the bride-to-be, such as friend, aunt, or cousin.
• If you are having the bridal shower at a private home, try to have a seat for everyone.
• If you are having a buffet, try to have enough dining tables for guests.
Most people have a hard time juggling a plate on their lap.
• Make a bridal shower checklist of helpful hints to keep from being frazzled the day of the party.
• One of the best things you can do is make a schedule for the day of the party.
List the order of events, from beginning to end. This will help you avoid any last minute surprises.
• Enjoy the day!
Bridal Shower Ideas and More Newsletter is our way of saying "thank you" for visiting our site. You will receive FREE information, to keep you up to date with the latest trends.