Preparing a bridal shower schedule for the day of the party, can be a lifesaver. Either mentally or on paper, following a step by step plan, will help things run smoothly. Use whichever way works best for you.
Whether you have the party at home, or another location, many of the basics will be similar.
So, if you're in charge, "take charge" with the following:
• Greet guests as they arrive. Allow at least a half hour of mingling before the bride-to-be arrives. This is also the time to offer drinks and snacks to the guests.
• Bride arrives and is greeted.
• Food is served. This may be a sit-down meal, a buffet, or an assortment of appetizers. A toast to the bride-to-be, or bridal shower speech is made, usually at the start of the meal.
• Your bridal shower schedule may include games to be played before the meal, after, or both.
• The guest of honor opens her gifts. A helper takes note of the gift and giver, and writes it down. It is nice to pass gifts around for all to see, if possible.
• The bride-to-be thanks the host, and guests.
• Free time for conversation.
• Hostess thanks each guest as they leave. Favors are given at this time, if they were not already given at the table.
• Have place cards on table before guests arrive. Favors may also be placed ahead of time.
• Greet guests, personally, if possible. Plan to have at least a half hour of conversation time before the guest-of-honor arrives. Drinks and snacks, or appetizers, may be offered to the guests. This may be done standing or seated, depending on the type of event you've chosen.
• Bride-to-be arrives and is welcomed.
• Guests are seated if they haven't been already.
• Bridal shower speech or toast is given.
• Meal or buffet is served.
• Games may be played, before or after the meal.
• Gifts are opened. Have someone take down the name of the giver, and gift given.
• Thank you's are said by the bride, to hostess and guests.
• Hostess personally thanks each guest. Favors are distributed, if they weren't left on at the table ahead of time.
Your bridal shower schedule is a general guideline. It may be altered with your individual situation.
Bridal Shower Ideas and More Newsletter is our way of saying "thank you" for visiting our site. You will receive FREE information, to keep you up to date with the latest trends.