Your birth flower is unique to the month you were born. Each month has a different one with its own special meaning. Some months have several that relate. This can be a fun way of choosing centerpieces and other unique ideas for your bridal shower.
When was the bride-to-be born?
Find her month below, to determine her flowers. Then, check the ideas listed to see if you can add any to your event.
• January...Carnation, Snowdrop
• February...Violet, Primrose
• March...Jonquil, Daffodil
• April...Sweet Pea, Daisy, Day lily
• May...Lily of the Valley, Hawthorn
• June...Rose, Honeysuckle
• July...Larkspur, Tulip, Water Lily
• August...Poppy, Gladiolus
• September...Aster, Morning Glory
• October...Calendula, Marigold, Cosmos
• November ...Chrysanthemum
• December...Narcissus, Holly, Poinsettia, Orchid
• Is she a floral lover? Base the whole theme around this idea. Choose visually appealing displays of color around the room.
• Combine the couples birthdays, by adding his month to the arrangements.
• Select party invitations with this design. They can be elegant or whimsical.
• Your decorations can include the colors of her month.
• Choose paper goods with her flower, then choose complementary decorations. • Have guests wear floral prints or hats with flowers.
• Let guests take home a mini version as a favor, for a personal touch.
• Find a song that includes the name of the flower. • Come up with some creative names for your party food using this theme. If you are having a buffet, display the names at each dish.
• Have a gardener come and give a talk, answer questions from guests, and give tips. • Invite a florist to demonstrate his or her trade. If your guest list is small, each guest may be able to learn a new skill by participating in the demonstration.
• Give the bride a bouquet to take home.
You may also want to look at the following pages:
Bridal Shower Ideas and More Newsletter is our way of saying "thank you" for visiting our site. You will receive FREE information, to keep you up to date with the latest trends.