Destination Bridal Shower
A destination bridal shower is one where guests travel to a
pre-planned location. It has become a popular alternative to the
traditional party. It is often for a small group, but any number of
guests will work with the correct planning.
If you are the bride-to-be, and you have chosen this idea, or you are a
hostess in charge of planning the event, you may want to consider the
- You will need good organization
skills. Planning a party remotely, means either doing an
initial onsite visit, coordinating with someone who is at the location,
or planning all the details yourself from afar.
budget will influence the number of guests invited. In general, this
type of party will not have as many guests attending. You need to take
into account the cost of possible flights, accommodations, and any party
- Guests must be given notice well in advance,
so their schedule is open. Planning a party like this at the last
minute, typically isn't a good idea.
Destination Bridal Shower Tips
- Check your site for any package deals they may offer. Let them know the type of event you are having. They may have something specifically geared towards bridal showers or group rates.
- Make sure you book any activity you want to do, ahead of time. For instance, if you are staying at a hotel and you want everyone to get a facial, block the day and time in advance. Don't wait until you arrive.
- The same advice goes for dining out, especially if you visit a high tourist area. If there is a special restaurant you want to include, make reservations in advance.
Favors are always a fun idea. However, if you are traveling for the event, you want something that's easy for all to take home.
Here are some suggestions:
• luggage tag - choose one that the represents the theme of your site.
• scarf- these are light to pack and may even get used at the event
• lip stick
• visor-pick the party color
• key chain
• charm for bracelet- this is a cute remembrance if you can find one that reflects the city or town of your party.
*** A destination bridal shower can be a fun and unique experience for all involved.