The bridal shower cake plate you choose can add to the total decor of your party. Often overlooked, this is another subtle touch that can make a big difference. You may be surprised at the variety of choices you'll have. Consider the following:
• You'll want to select a cake plate that coordinates with your party theme. This could mean a bold solid color for a contemporary theme, an ornate crystal one for a romantic theme, or even one sold to match the rest of your decorations.
• Choose a size that suits the size of the cake.
You'll find plates from measuring from 6" and up. If you choose one with a decorative rim, you'll want the design to show when the cake is added. Take this into account when you're figuring out the cake size.
• Complement the shape of the cake. Plates are found in different shapes. Some are round, some are square, and some are rectangle. It's usually best to select a base that is the same shape as the cake you plan on using. This will have a pleasing visual appeal.
• Cake plates come in a variety of choices. Some are made of porcelain, china, or
crystal. Others could be plastic or even a heavy cardboard that goes with your theme. They may have a pattern or a solid color. Some have a flat base, some will have feet, and others are tiered. Each has it's own appeal. What works best with your party's look?
• Think how your dessert will best be displayed when choosing a bridal shower cake plate.
• Some will come with a server. If yours doesn't, add that to your checklist, or make sure you have one on hand. These can also be personalized, if you are giving them as a gift.
• A cake plateau is a plate with an ornate base. Usually about two inches high, it will often have a scroll or floral design.
Typically these come in gold, silver or crystal.
• If you've decided to serve cupcakes or cookies, tiered holders make a pretty display. Again, presentation can be very effective.
*** If the couple have selected a china pattern, purchase the cake plate to match, as their gift.
• Go from cake plate page, to Bridal Shower Ideas For You homepage...
Bridal Shower Ideas and More Newsletter is our way of saying "thank you" for visiting our site. You will receive FREE information, to keep you up to date with the latest trends.