Bridal shower special touches include all the "unnecessary extras" planned for the guest of honor. Though not a requirement, they will add to her memories. Special touches might include one or more of the following:
• The bridal shower umbrella is a recognizable symbol of this event. Try to include this tradition in your plans.
• A bridal shower corsage:
This floral piece can be purchased or homemade, in the wrist or pin-on types. You can incorporate the bridal shower colors, or the bride-to-Be's favorite colors. If possible, select her favorite flowers.
• Bridal shower chair:
Have a special chair designated for the guest of honor. Decorate with balloons and streamers for a casual party. Add a special designer covering, for a more formal event. The bride-to-be can sit here while opening her gifts. Place in a central location, to be seen easily, by all guests.
• Bridal Shower Wishing Well:
This has become a tradition at many wedding showers. A large decorative container is used. Guests are asked to bring a small useful item, in addition to their main gift. This helps the couple accumulate all the necessary household gadgets.
• Many guests will have "words of wisdom" to share. The day of the shower, hand out an advice card to each guest. Have them fill it in. These advice cards can then be collected and given to the bride.
• Box of luxury chocolates:
Purchase a special box of candy, such as Godiva chocolates, just for the bride. Wrap as an extra surprise. This can be given to her to take home and enjoy.
• Bridal shower guest book: sit out a book for guests to sign and offer best wishes. It is a good idea to have them do this as they enter. This is a bridal shower special touch that she will treasure forever.
• A bridal shower keepsake gift registry will provide a written memory of guests who attended the shower, and gifts received.
• Serve champagne and toast the bride/couple. This is always a special idea. *** This is available without alcohol, if desired.
• A bridal shower scrapbook commemorating the party's events, is sure to be cherished.
• Assemble a shadow box using items related to the party. You could also do a honeymoon, friends, or family theme.
• Bouquet of roses:
Every girl loves to receive roses. These can be part of the decorations during the party, or presented to her as she is leaving. Either way, they are hers to keep.
• Bridal Shower Slideshow: create a timeline of the bride, or the bride and groom, through photos.
• Flowers from friends:
an alternative to the bouquet of roses listed above, ask each guest to
bring one flower. Have a vase near the entrance, so that guests can
insert their flowers.
Give the colorful bouquet to the bride, to take home.
*** Bridal shower special touches are just one more way for you to make this event a special one.
Do you have a bridal shower special touch idea? Share it!
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Bridal Shower Scrapbook Memories
Ask each guest to create a scrapbook page for the bride. The hostess should purchase the book. In the bridal shower invitation, include the page dimensions. …
Signed White Shirts
for the Bride to Be Not rated yet
A great bridal shower party idea is to create a shirt for the bride on which others can sign and write messages. Whether it's friends only, or strangers …
Bridal Shower Recipe Book Not rated yet
Tell each guest to bring their favorite recipe on a 5 by 7 index card to the bridal shower. You can quickly put all of the recipes in a small photo album …