Bridal Shower Special Touches
Bridal shower special touches include all the "unnecessary extras" planned for the guest of honor. Though not a requirement, they will add to her memories. Special touches might include one or more of the following:
• Bridal shower speech:
This is typically given by the maid of honor, but may be given by anyone close to the bride. A short tribute, remembering happy times shared, or even funny incidents, is appropriate. Before the meal or opening of the gifts, are good times for this, as guests are seated and fairly quiet.
• This Bride to Be jeweled sash
can be draped over her chair until she arrives, then worn throughout the party.
*** Do you have a bridal shower special touch idea? Share it!
• A bridal shower corsage:
This floral piece can be purchased or homemade, in the wrist or pin-on types. You can incorporate the bridal shower colors, or the bride-to-be's favorite colors. If possible, select her favorite flowers.
• More bridal shower corsage info...
• Bridal shower chair:
Have a special chair designated for the guest of honor. Decorate with balloons and streamers for a casual party.
Add a special designer covering, for a more formal event. The bride-to-be can sit here while opening her gifts. Place in a central location, to be seen easily, by all guests
• The bridal shower umbrella....
of all the bridal shower special touches, this traditional item is almost a "necessity".
With PhotoStamps you can turn your own digital photos into real US postage! Create yours today.
• Bridal Shower Wishing Well:
This has become a tradition at many wedding showers. A large decorative container is used. Guests are asked to bring a small useful item, in addition to their main gift. This helps the couple accumulate all the necessary household gadgets.
More wishing well ideas...
• Many guests will have "words of wisdom" to share. The day of the shower, hand out
to be collected and given to the bride.
• Box of luxury chocolates:
Purchase a special box of candy, such as Godiva chocolates, just for the bride. Wrap as an extra surprise. This can be given to her to take home and enjoy.
• Bridal shower guest book: sit out a book for guests to sign and offer best wishes. It is a good idea to have them do this as they enter. This is one of the bridal shower special touches, that she will treasure forever.
• A bridal shower keepsake gift registry will provide a written memory of guests who attended the shower, and gifts received.
• Serve champagne and toast the bride/couple. This is always a special idea. It is also available without alcohol, if desired.
• A bridal shower scrapbook commemorating the party's events, is sure to be cherished.
• Assemble a shadow box
using items related to the party. You could also do a honeymoon, friends, or family theme.
• Bouquet of roses:
Every girl loves to receive roses. These can be part of the decorations during the party, or presented to her as she is leaving. Either way, they are hers to keep.
• Bridal Shower Slideshow:
create a timeline of the bride, or the bride and groom, through photos.
• Flowers from friends: an alternative to the bouquet of roses listed above, ask each guest to bring one flower. Have a vase near the entrance, so that guests can insert their flowers.
Give the colorful bouquet to the bride, to take home.
*** Bridal shower special touches are just one more way for you to make this event a special one.
Bridal Shower Special Touch Ideas
Do you have a bridal shower special touch idea? Share it!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
• Go from bridal shower special touches to the homepage...