Wedding shower supplies can stand out or blend in, according to the type of bridal shower you are having. Bold and bright, soft and elegant, or somewhere in between, you'll have many choices. Pick your theme, color scheme, and style of party, first. This will make the rest of your decisions easier.
Do you want linen, or disposable tablecloths and napkins? You'll find both in a variety of solids and prints. What about the utensils? Will you use silverware or plastic?
If you're having the party at home, check your own supplies first. You might be able to coordinate several different colored solid tablecloths. Don't be afraid to mix solids, and prints or checks, if it fits your theme.
• Some paper wedding shower supplies are designed specifically for this event. You'll find these cups, plates and tablecloths, come in coordinating colors and patterns. Together, they make a lovely display. They often come with a matching centerpiece.
*** Silverware will be used at a restaurant, but if you're having it at home or renting a hall, you may want to consider plastic. It is colorful and disposable, for easy cleanup.
Are you having a large crowd at your home, and want a more formal look? Consider the following suggestions, even if you're on a limited budget:
• You can combine several sets of plates by using solid colors in several shades of the same color.
• If you have two or three main colors, choose plates in each color, and mix them. An alternative would be to use one of these colors for the plate, one for the napkin, and one for the cup. Judge by what is pleasing to your eye.
• Use a set of plates with a design, and add additional plates using one or more of the colors in the design.
• Do you have all white plates? Use place mats underneath in a solid or print, which incorporates your party colors. This will make the white "pop".
• You can combine silverware patterns. Try and use the same style.
• Use your own tablecloths or borrow some.
• Purchase inexpensive material, solid or patterned, that complements your overall look. Use as your tablecloth.
• Choose a long narrow piece of material in a solid or print, and use as a colorful table runner.
Your wedding shower supplies will definitely play a big part in your party's overall appeal.