Destination Bridal Shower
A destination bridal shower is one where guests travel to a preplanned location. It has become a popular alternative to the traditional party. If you are the bride-to-be, and you have chosen this idea, or you are a hostess in charge of planning the event, you may want to consider the following tips:
- You will need good organization skills. Planning a party at a remote location, means either doing an initial onsite visit, coordinating with someone who is at the location, or planning all the details yourself from afar.
- Your budget will influence the number of guests invited. In general, this type of party will not have as many guests attending. You need to take into account the cost of possible flights, accomodations, and any party expenses.
- Guests must be given notice well in advance, so their schedule is open. Planning a party like this at the last minute, typically isn't a good idea.
- Check your location for any package deals they may offer. Let them know the type of event you are having. They may have something specifically geared towards bridal showers.
- Make sure you book any activity you want to do, ahead of time. For instance, if you are staying at a hotel and you want everyone to get a facial, block the day and time in advance. Don't wait until you arrive.
- The same advice goes for dining out, especially if you visit a high tourist area. If there is a special restaurant you want to include, make reservations in advance.
*** A destination bridal shower can be a fun and unique experience for all involved.