Bridal Shower BeachTheme
"Hit the beach", either literally or in spirit, with a bridal shower beach theme. This fun party is great for all ages. So, if the guest of honor loves the sun and sand, this is the theme to choose.
Start with your invitations. Select a design that announcess your theme, such as a scene of the ocean, a lounge, or a beach ball. Tell guests to wear comfortable clothes, and bring a bathing suit, if that applies.
If you have access to a pool, lake or the ocean, use it as your location. If not, have it indoors or out, and create the atmosphere.
Decorations: use fishnet, shells, beach chairs, towels, buckets and shovels. Place as, many as you need for the area you've chosen.
Sit your beach theme favors
around, to add to your decorations.
Use beach theme plates, napkins, and cups,
for easy clean-up.
Have plenty of cold drinks available...soda, lemonade, iced tea, and bottled water. Don't forget the ice!
Sit around bowls of chips, pretzels, and nuts.
Start with 1 watermelon, and a serrated knife.
1. Slice a small thin piece off the bottom of your melon, to allow it to sit flat without rolling.
2. Next, score the watermelon in half, horizontally, and add a strip of about 2 inches wide (across the top half). That will form the handle of your basket. You can also use a marking pen as a guide.
3. Next, start cutting around the melon on the lines you've made. Make V shaped, straight, or wavy cuts.
4. Cut out the inside of the watermelon. Remove as much as the fruit as possible, without leaving the bottom too thin. You won't use the handle to carry, it's just for show. You will be filling the watermelon with fruit pieces, so you want it to be stable.
5. Cut watermelon into small pieces and fill basket. You can also add other fruit, such as strawberries, blueberries, or cantaloupe.
For your main meal, keep it simple.
Here's a quick
Potato Salad Recipe
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
6 cups cubed cooked potatoes (about 1-1/2 lb.)
2 hardboiled eggs, chopped
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
1/4 cup chopped onion
salt and pepper
Mix mayo and mustard in large bowl.
Add potatoes, eggs, celery, peas and onion. Mix together. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate.
Whats for Dessert?
A bridal shower cake is always appropriate.
If you want to make a cake, Wilton sells a castle shaped pan that could be decorated as a sand castle.
Another fun option is
S'mores (remember them?)
bag of marshmallows
Toast marshmallows over a fire. Place them onto a graham cracker. Add a piece of chocolate. Top with a second graham cracker. and mash it on top to complete the s'mores. Servings: make as many as needed
Beach theme music
will help to add to the mood of your party.
Make your beach theme party a relaxing time for all.
*** I hope you have enjoyed this edition of Bridal Shower Ideas and More.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact me:
Trish Burrell is founder of Bridal Shower Ideas For You. Visit this informational site on all areas of bridal shower planning, at http://www.bridal-shower-ideas-for-you.com